Thursday, January 20, 2011

Earn Money with SLIIT !!!

I wrote the post 'SLIIT scholarships for academic performance' previously to give you an introduction about the merit based scholarship program at SLIIT. 

I received the full scholarship for the second consecutive time. For the 1st year 1st semester examination, the full scholarships were awarded for those who had a GPA around 3.9 or more and the half scholarships were awarded for 3.8 to 3.9 GPA.


Recently I received the letter of awarding the full scholarship. Since I got 4.0 GPA for the 2nd semester of the 1st year, I was confident in getting the full scholarship. My friend 'Guru' received the full scholarship for the 1st semester for having 3.94 GPA. But for the 2nd semester, he had received only a half scholarship for 3.94 GPA for the 2nd semester ! I have another friend who got 3.88 GPA and he has not received even a half scholarship !

I guess this time the full scholarship is awarded only for those who have 4.0 GPA. Because 4.0 GPA means 5 'A' passes for all the subjects. After that it is 3.94 for getting 4 'A' s and an 'A-'.

I don't find it as a good thing because I know how hard it is to get that much of a GPA. Anyway we must be contented because other institutes in the IT field are not offering such scholarships. Anyway the competition is increasing.

I used the 1st scholarship I received when registering myself for the 1st semester of the 2nd year. I'll use the 2nd scholarship when I'll be registering for the 2nd semester of 2nd year. That means I don't have to pay the course fee for the whole year ! 

SLIIT academic structure is having 4 months for academics and 2 months holiday for a semester. That means there are 8 months for a year for academics. Since the value of a full scholarship is Rs.74,750 I have earned  Rs. 149,500 in just 8 months ( Rs. 18,687.50 monthly ) !!!

Do your studies well and try to earn money with SLIIT !

-Tharindu Edirisinghe-
-SLIIT 10'-




0 comments:

Post a Comment